James BibleManaging Law Partner
James Bible has been protecting the rights of those that have been accused of crimes for well over a decade. He began his career as a defense attorney with The Defender Association in Seattle Washington. The Defender Association is a law firm that represents indigent people that have been accused of a crime. During his tenure with The Defender Association, Mr. Bible represented well over 1,000 clients. He has handled all types of criminal cases from misdemeanors all the way up to Murder 1. In 2007, Mr. Bible made the decision to open up his own law office.
Since 2007, Mr. Bible’s law practice has been focused principally upon criminal defense and personal injury cases. He is known as a tough litigator who will work tirelessly to help his clients achieve the best outcome possible. Mr. Bible’s efforts have been recognized on the local, state and national level.
In 2009 James Bible was awarded the prestigious champion of justice award from the Washington Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (WACDL). Just one Champion of Justice Award is given per year. The Champion of Justice Award recognizes an individual who has defended the constitutional rights of those that have been accused of crimes. Mr. Bible is honored to have been recognized by an organization that has such a strong track record of promoting excellence in the area of criminal defense.
In addition to the Champion of Justice Award, Mr. Bible has received several community service awards and an Alumni Award from BLSA. Because of Mr. Bible’s success in the courtroom, he has been asked to teach trial advocacy to attorneys around the country. For several years Mr. Bible has taught at the national Public Defender Trial School at the University of Dayton. This trial school helps criminal defense attorneys develop a client centered approach to their practice that helps them to tell the compelling story of their clients. In addition to teaching at the National Public Defender School in Ohio, Mr. Bible has taught trial advocacy to attorneys in Arizona, Louisiana and Washington State. Attorneys from around the country often reach out to Mr. Bible for help in developing trial strategy.
Mr. Bible is particularly skilled at developing trial strategy. He is known for his ability to evaluate the facts of a case and build a compelling theme of innocence. It is critical that you have someone on your side that understands the case from your perspective.
In the personal injury realm, Mr. Bible is quickly becoming known as a fierce advocate for his clients. Mr. Bible’s personal injury successes include the resolution in the following areas:
- Wrongful Death
- Auto Accidents
- Slip and Fall
- Bus Accidents
- School Law Suits
- Police Misconduct Law Suits
- Employment Discrimination
Mr. Bible is a zealous advocate for his clients. He is deeply dedicated to providing quality representation to those that are in need. He will listen to you and investigate the facts of your case. His professionalism, dedication and compassion are the hallmarks of his practice. Your business is greatly appreciated.
Juris Doctor, Seattle University School of Law
Graduate Studies, Western Washington University (Sociology)
Bachelor of Arts, Western Washington University (Sociology)
Bar AdmissionsWashington State Bar Association
US District Court for the Western District of Washington
Professional & Bar Association Memberships
Washington State Bar Association
Washington Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Washington State Trial Lawyers Association
King County Bar Association
- Not Guilty after jury trial: client was charged with assaulting two police officers. The officers claimed that he charged at them and made verbal threats. The officers Tazed the client and said that they would harm my client and his cousin further when they got back to the police station.
- Not Guilty after jury trial: Client was an African American Juvenile probation counselor who was falsely accused of assaulting a police officer. The jury took less than 30 minutes to find the client not guilty. After completing the criminal matter, we filed a law suit against the police department which was settled out of court.
- Not Guilty after jury trial: client was charged with Child Molestation. After approximately two weeks of trial the client was found not guilty.
- Dismissal: Client was charged with rape. After a hard fought trial which ended in a hung jury, the State Chose to dismiss this case.
- Not Guilty after jury trial : client was charged with attempted robbery of undercover police officers. One of the officers involved in this incident was eventually charged with a crime.
- Not Guilty after jury trial: client was charged with felony assault of a police officer. We were able to demonstrate that our client was actually a victim of police brutality. After the jury found our client not guilty, we filed a law suit against the County in Federal Court. The law suit was settled out of court.
- Not Guilty after jury trial: client was charged with hit and run and DUI. Several witnesses testified that they had seen my client hit vehicles and then leave the scene. After poking holes in their testimony and exposing the witnesses biases, the jury found my client not guilty.
- Not Guilty after jury trial: client was accused of assaulting a woman inside a grocery store. The client did not speak English and did not understand the questions the officers were asking him. After several days of trial the jury determined my client was not guilty.
- These are just a few of our many successes.
- Juvenile Detention Counselor: Prior to going to Law School, Mr. Bible worked in the Whatcom County Juvenile Detention Center. While working in Whatcom County, Mr. Bible learned a great deal about the criminal justice system.
- Staff Attorney: Mr. Bible worked as a staff attorney for The Defender Association (TDA). TDA is a nationally recognized non profit criminal defense firm. As a staff attorney, Mr. Bible represented 1,000's of clients and tried several cases. Mr. Bible handled everything from misdemeanors to serious felonies during his tenure with TDA.
- Law Partner: Mr. Bible is currently a law partner with the James Bible Law Group.
James Bible has served as faculty for a number of nationally renowned trial advocacy programs. These programs include the following:
- The National Defender Training Project
- The Louisian Public Defender Training Program
- Several Trial Advocacy Programs through the Washington Defender Association and the King County Office of Public Defense.
Attorneys from all over the country have contacted Mr. Bible for assistance in developing case theory.
- Faculty Scholar Award Nominee (SU law)
- Champion of Justice Award (Washington Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers 2009)
- Community Service Award (First AME Church)
- Community Service Award (Freedom Church)
- Alumni Award (Black Law Student Association)